VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and peppers.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into a 13-in. square. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread one half with chicken mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold remaining half over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg. Cut slits in pastry. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Popper Pocket in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016