- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) tiny peas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all vegetables in a large glass bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cool slightly and pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forIcebox Vegetable Salad
"I found the dressing too sweet and the veggies were dripping in the dressing. Not sure if I would make it again but if I do, would cut down on the amount of the dressing and the sugar used."
"I made a double batch for the Memorial Day get-together. It went well with all the grilled foods. Not a morsel was left in the bowl! Since it is said to last for up to a week in the refrigerator, I think I will make a regular batch for my husband and me. I barely got to taste what I took to the cook-out."