"my whole family enjoys this change-of-pace salad," relates David Wasson, Tulsa, Oklahoma. He adds a fast-to-fix dressing to frozen veggies, olives and onions to make the colorful crunchy medley a hit at any gathering.
Recommended: 50 Best Comfort Foods from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hungarian Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p11
Reviews forHungarian Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2011
"Very good and a nice change from the ordinary side dish."
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2009
"I love this recipe!!"