Humble Bumble Crumble Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chunky applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Stir brown sugar and cinnamon into reserved topping; set aside. In a large bowl, combine applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Spread over crust; top with berries and reserved topping. Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 228 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 10, 2016
I made this recipe, because I love both kinds of berries ( berries are expensive), was really disappointed, it was really tart and the crust was hard to cut, just crumbled apart, would not recommend this recipe unless you like really like tart things.