Yummy Cookie Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Press half of dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Pour over crust. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 261 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2018
A hit with my kids and their friends! Very easy to make however I did not have a white cake mix so I used yellow and it was perfectly fine. I used all milk chips too because its what we prefer. I definitely recommend this recipe!
Sep 6, 2017
Very good and easy to make. I used all semisweet chocolate chips (my family isn't big on peanut butter), and the topping was chocolatey, rich and creamy - delicious! I also flattened small balls of the remaining dough for the top to give it a neat polka dotted look. I will be making this for an upcoming church social this weekend :)
Oct 25, 2014
I have made these Yummy Cookie Bars several times and everybody who has sampled them has simply raved over them. One of the best new recipes that I have tried and so very simple to make with ingredients that are always on hand. Five Star Recipe.