My husband's family requests this colorful appetizer dish for our annual Christmas Eve potluck. Everyone loves that there are so many delicious ingredients to nibble on. It’s a real crowd-pleaser. —Susan Leighton, Portland, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes28 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pepperoncini, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled hot cherry peppers, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the pepperoncini, cherry peppers, beans, mushrooms, artichokes, olives and pepperoni. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteLook for pepperoncini (pickled peppers) in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 167 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Hot Antipasto in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013