Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Layer meats and cheeses on dough in the order listed. Whisk eggs and seasonings until well blended; pour into dish. Top with roasted pepper.
- Unroll remaining tube of dough into a long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Place over filling; pinch seams tight. Brush with beaten egg yolk; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 229 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 27, 2017
Great starter recipe to make with the fillings you like. I used deli turkey slices, Canadian bacon, provolone and Monterey Jack cheese. I didn't do the red peppers or brushed egg on top, and it was delicious. The biggest problem was not eating more than the very small recommended serving size.
Feb 2, 2017
I made this on a game day and my husband and I couldn't quit eating it! I did omit the fire roasted red peppers simply because we don't like them. It is salty but you have to expect that when using processed foods. We ended up having it again 4 nights later at his request. So delicious!! Will definitely make again!
Jan 18, 2017
I made this ahead on a night hubby was working late. It was very quick and easy to put together and just had to throw in the oven when he got home. We skipped the red peppers and I added some oregano. The meat and cheeses were absolutely delicious and held together beautifully. The only issue I had was that the crust did not hold up to the denseness of the dish. It fell apart and I didn’t feel was substantial enough. I will definitely make it again, but I will try using pizza dough instead.
Jan 12, 2017
This recipe was just okay. The dish ended up being very dense. Our group ate it but no one went back for seconds. Will probably not make again.
Nov 22, 2016
This was very salty and though the edges were very well browned the middle of the top crust was still undercooked. I didn't like the egg yolk brushed over the top either-looked oddly yellow even after baking. Sorry, but I have had way better.
Oct 24, 2016
I made this to serve to guests (hosting a missionary family for my church) and it was a huge hit! I love the ease of putting it together during a busy time, and will definitely make it again. One of the missionary's daughters said she felt like she was eating in a gourmet restaurant! (I used several other TOH recipes during the week!)
Sep 18, 2016
Used low sodium ham instead of pepperoni and skipped the prosciutto; otherwise, made as directed. Oh, so delicious...! Party goers were happy to help me eat it!!! A keeper, for sure...!
Sep 13, 2016
Smelled wonderful, tasted good, but a tad salty for us. Not sure why as we love Italian subs with all the same ingredients. Will definitely make again, and might try switching out one of the meats for one less salty. Overall this is a very good, and versatile recipe.
Sep 4, 2016
This recipe was a hit! When I was at the grocery store, I thought to make this recipe. It's very versatile since I couldn't remember all of the ingredients. I ended up making it with provolone, ham, salami, pepperoni, roasted red peppers, and banana peppers. The only negative part was serving it. It kind of fell apart, but still tasted great.
Sep 4, 2016
I made this yesterday for a family gathering and there were no leftovers! Everyone loved it! I love the combination of the different meats and cheeses, and the crescents are a great crust!I will definitely make this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.