My husband's family requests this colorful appetizer dish for our annual Christmas Eve potluck. Everyone loves that there are so many delicious ingredients to nibble on. It’s a real crowd-pleaser. —Susan Leighton, Portland, Connecticut
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pepperoncini, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled hot cherry peppers, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the pepperoncini, cherry peppers, beans, mushrooms, artichokes, olives and pepperoni. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 28 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Hot Antipasto in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p81