Horseradish Ham Cubes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 square slices deli ham
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Set aside 2 ham slices; spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each remaining slice. Make two stacks, using four ham slices for each; top each stack with reserved slices. Wrap each stack in plastic wrap; chill for 4 hours. Cut each stack into 1-in. cubes.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 56 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2013
Made this recipe for a party, and it was a hit. I was actually told that is was the favorite new items I added to the party. A little time consuming, but worth it. You can make it the night before and saves a little time. As a matter of fact, this is one of the appetizers I am making for my daughter's wedding.
Mar 16, 2011
these were just nasty tasting. waste of good ham....
May 18, 2010
The ham available in my area is either more rectangular cuts or squares of packaged ham in the lunch meat section. I bought the squares (bread slice size). Using those, I could 16 appetizer pieces per 5 slices. Next time I'll buy the rectangular slices out of the meat counter ('deli ham' slices must be larger squares) and see if I can get closer to 5 dozen per recipe. Otherwise, very nice change from the usual roll-ups. I'm not a huge fan of horseradish, but the cubes had a nice zing that wasn't over-powering. Do be sure to chill 4 hours or you will have difficulty slicing them.
Mar 27, 2010
I took this to a shower, and I got asked for this recipe everytime I turned around. Great combo. I added a jalapeno stuffed olive. Yummy!
Jul 9, 2009
Very easy to make ahead and went over well.