Honeydew & Prosciutto Salad
For parties, I turn melon and prosciutto into an easy salad with a honey mustard dressing. To add zip, stir in fresh basil and mint. —Julie Merriman, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 8 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into wide strips
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Place arugula, onion and herbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/3 cup vinaigrette and toss lightly to coat. In large serving bowl layer with 1/4 arugula mixture, honeydew, mozzarella cheese and prosciutto. Repeat layers 3 times. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 186 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Honeydew & Proscuitto Salad w/ Cilantro Lime Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.