Homemade Honey Grahams
The way that my boys gobble up graham crackers, it's a good thing I don't buy them at the store. My homemade version is less expensive, with the added bonus of using minimally processed ingredients. These are fantastic, but they don't last long! —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min/batch
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- Whisk together first eight ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk together honey and water; gradually add to dry ingredients, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to an 8-in. square. Using a knife or fluted pastry wheel, cut each into sixteen 2-in. squares. If desired, prick holes with a fork. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 60 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Honey Grahams in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018