Honey Walnut Delights
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, honey and lemon juice. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 7-9 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 12, 2020
I followed the recipe without any changes and was pleasantly surprised these turned out looking like the photos here! Taste wise, these are now in my top 5 all-time favorites, just a delicious cookie that chews well. The best cookie recipe I have tried in many years, highly recommended!
Jul 20, 2019
The family love it! It's gooey sweet and baked to perfection! Thanks for the recipe! I substitute walnut with pecans! -Love Joy Delayco of Montana