Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and ground nutmeg
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/4 cup cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil). Drain fettuccine; top with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 915 calories, 74g fat (45g saturated fat), 342mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo
"Very similar to my recipe except I didn't have an egg yolk in mine. I add garlic, chicken breast, mushrooms and roasted asparagus to mine. Do make sure to add the nutmeg - it may sound odd but it gives the dish more depth."
"Incredibly delicious! Everyone gave raving reviews!"
"I've made Alfredo for years. But this recipe was exceptionally good. At first I was a bit snobby and thought I would never use a recipe other than my own creation. USE THIS!! The egg yolk made all the difference. I hesitated to put nutmeg in though. Maybe next time. I had no problem with the butter separating. It was full, thick, creamy and no waste. The amounts were spot on. I used homemade fettuccini (a bit more than 4oz.) and we tossed it with the rest of the sauce and had it for lunch!"
"I loved this sauce! The first time I made it, I added some sweet peas to it and that brought out the flavor even more. Next time I may add in some bacon or prosciutto!Update: Made this again tonight and again it was delicious. This time I added chicken along with the sweet peas. I only had spaghetti so I used that instead. I would say this is a forgiving recipe too since I accidentally let it start to boil but the sauce still came out fine."
"I love this recipe. I do not like to buy processed food. I know every thing that goes into this and is is fast and easy. Taste great also."
"My family loved this! I didn't have any Romano, so it was all Parm. I added chicken breast and fresh broccoli. This will become a staple dish."
"it's a good base but def. needed to add something. I added bacon, onions, garlic and broccoli. it was yummy!"
"It was creamy and tasted very good. Thank you for this recipe, I never knew it was this easy to make."
"My kids love this. It's super easy to make and tastes great. I always add some garlic to it."