- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. In another bowl, combine cranberry sauce and remaining water; add gelatin mixture and lemon juice. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup whipped cream; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over gelatin mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Cranberry Gelatin Salad
"Fantastic. The recipe as it is written is how I ate it the first time and I thought it was great. I make small changes for our liking but that is part of the fun. I like toasting the pecans in the oven also I add a bit of vanilla and sugar to the whipped topping. This is a great make ahead recipe except I make the whipped topping that day."
"This is delightful. My family never cared for cranberries until I made this. Now they ask for it at every holiday dinner!"
"My family loved this recipe. I changed it slightly by adding a little sugar to the whipping cream."
"This recipe was very tasty! I've had similar jello salads before, but this one is perfect for the holiday season."
"What a hit at the Thanksgiving table! This simple recipe will be made again & again."