- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. In another bowl, combine cranberry sauce and remaining water; add gelatin mixture and lemon juice. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup whipped cream; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over gelatin mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Cranberry Gelatin Salad
"I have made this 3 times now for Christmas brunches. We love it! Making ahead of time is a charm. Thank you :)"
"I added a twist. I poured half of the gelatin mixture then refrigerated until firmThen I spread the cream cheese mixture. And topped with remaining gelatinAnd refrigerateI also cut some red grapes add those to gelatin. If you want to add crushed pineapple make sure to blend it in with the cream cheese"
"Fantastic. The recipe as it is written is how I ate it the first time and I thought it was great. I make small changes for our liking but that is part of the fun. I like toasting the pecans in the oven also I add a bit of vanilla and sugar to the whipped topping. This is a great make ahead recipe except I make the whipped topping that day."
"This is delightful. My family never cared for cranberries until I made this. Now they ask for it at every holiday dinner!"
"My family loved this recipe. I changed it slightly by adding a little sugar to the whipping cream."
"This recipe was very tasty! I've had similar jello salads before, but this one is perfect for the holiday season."
"What a hit at the Thanksgiving table! This simple recipe will be made again & again."