- 4 new potatoes, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 sweet red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Grease a 2-1/2-qt. casserole dish and arrange half the potato slices in overlapping rows. Dot with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the sage, tarragon, peppers, onion, rice and zucchini. Dot with remaining butter and repeat layering. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Remove cover and top with tomato slices and cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are warm and cheese is melted. Remove from oven; cover and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Harvest Vegetable Casserole
"Nice variety of vegetables, and a nice change from the usual boring ones. However, my rice came out a little underdone - next time I will try instant rice."