You'll have a stick-to-the-ribs bowl of chili in not time with this simple recipe. It's quick to prepare, but tastes like it's been simmering for hours! “This is great with corn bread,” says Jeannie Klugh of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small sweet red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup hot chili beans
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, pepper and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Hearty Sausage Chili in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p17