- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning and basil.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
"Chris 1414 do you think it’s fair to rate a recipe that you haven’t tried? It is certainly your choice to not make it but the rest of us can read the nutritional facts for ourselves. That being said I liked this recipe and so did my family and I will make again.bythe way my grandmother is a 100 yrs young and has been eating food like this her whole life."
"This casserole was absolutely delicious and is easy to make. As others suggested, I sauteed the onion with diced red pepper and a few fresh mushrooms. I used 3/4 of a box of spaghetti, breaking it into thirds before cooking, and increased the milk to keep it creamy. Everyone loved this dish and it heated up well the next day for lunch."
"This looks so good! After reading all of the reviews, I'm definitely going to make it this week! The only thing I may do different is shred the chicken instead of cubing it (personal preference)."
"I sauteed the onions and I used fresh mushrooms. Absolutely, scrumptious!"
"Full of flavor and really delicious! We used gouda instead of swiss and I think next time we will saute the veggies before mixing it all together."
"Made this the other day and it was wonderful a keeper for sure the only change I will make next time is to salute the onions first as they were not quite cooked through in the 20 min of cooking time otherwise wonderful will be making again"
"This looks very good, am going to try it this week, was wondering....what is everyone using for the steak seasoning?"