- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can (23 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties. Grill the burgers, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with soy sauce. Continue grilling for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. During the last 4 minutes, grill the pineapple slices until browned, turning once. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Honey Burgers
"I love these! The kids are weirded out by pineapple on a burger so they just ate theirs with cheese, but still liked the burger. They turned out moist and delicious."
"Very good and juicy but I couldn't taste much honey, I will add more next time!"
"Unreal how good these are!!! Didn't even need ketchup."
"Been making these for years, decided to rate them so others would know how amazing they are. I cook them on the George Forman grill, and they turn out great. Definitely not your average burger, these are full of flavor!"
"My family devoured these!"
"Phenomenal!!! By far one of the best burger I have had in a very long time!!!"
"Our family love these burgers."
"So glad I found these! My recipe box is in another country and I missed this one! These a so different but just as hearty as any burger. can't wait to make 'em again!"
"I am definitelt going to try these! Will let you know the results."
"I eliminated the paprika and the curry powder, and replaced the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce to fit my family's tastes. This was awesome. My family loved this recipe, we will definitely be making this again."