Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound halibut or swordfish fillet, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper chunks (1 inch)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chunks (1 inch)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the vinegar, water, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat. In a small skillet, saute fish in oil for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute green pepper and onion for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pineapple. Stir sauce and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return fish to skillet; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 436 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2019
EXCELLENT! A real keeper. My husband is still talking about it days later. I did use swordfish, and a little more green pepper and onion, and an 8-0z. can of pineapple chunks (I cut each in half). We will be enjoying this often