- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rice mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken and ham.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, Colby cheese and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHam Chicken Casserole
"I love any dish that creamy I going use white rice, never care for wild or brown rice, I’m just wondering will the white rice work."
"One of our new faves in the house, I have 2 growing sons and this meal actually fills them up!"
"Made this last week. Had leftovers this week. Very hearty. Family loves this dish."
"thought this was good and my hubby liked it also. couldn't find colby cheese so used swiss cheese. will make again, thanks"
"This was just ok for me. The cream sauce was pretty heavy and needed something else added to it, like maybe some thyme."
"Flavorful and comforting in the cold winter months of the midwest."
"This came together so quickly and easily - and was extremely tasty as well! Uses mainly pantry and freezer items which is extra helpful."
"My family loved this recipe! I didn't have wild rice, so I used a box of chicken flavored rice and it tasted great. I'll definately make this again."
"This a great, easy dish. My picky kids even liked it! Tasted even better the next day!"