- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Brush the zucchini, summer squash and red pepper with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into 1/2-in. cubes and place in a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pesto, basil and oregano; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed.
- Remove from the grill. Spread grilled sides with sauce; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Veggie Tortillas
"My husband and I love this recipe. It's a great way to use extra vegetables and it's really easy to subsitute different ingredients for what we have on hand. The only thing we don't care for is the tortilla. We usually subsitute a pita for the tortilla and fry the remaining pitas to make pita chips."
"These were FABULOUS!!! My hubby doesn't really like veggies and he loved these!! He added meat to them, but still good!!!"
"I loved this! Grilling the tortillas gave them a really nice flavor and texture. I made my own pesto and it went perfectly with the grilled veggies. I included an eggplant and used parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella."