Grilled Sirloin Kabobs with Peach Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium peaches, cut into sixths
- 1-1/2 cups peach salsa
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and jalapeno. Season beef with salt and pepper. Alternately thread beef and peaches onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Place kabobs on greased grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; brush with preserves mixture. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 1/4 cup salsa: 219 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2015
Made an inside, winter version using canned peaches under the oven broiler and everything turned out fine. Added chunks of fresh pineapple to the kabobs. Delicious.
Jul 20, 2014
Thought this needed more flavor. The only thing I did was grill peaches and a streak; kabobs are to much of a hassle. I like the idea of making this with a pork tenderloin.
Aug 2, 2013
I made this with pork tenderloin instead of steak. I marinated the pork in the sauce for several hours before grilling. It was very flavorful. Will definitely make again.
Jun 16, 2013
I thought it needed a little more flavor.
Jun 13, 2013
YUM! This recipe was super simple to make and delicious to scarf up. No changes/substitutions to note, just make sure to use top-quality beef, brought up to room temp. before grilling. The peaches I used were slightly underripe, which actually worked out perfectly for cooking. They held together, and softened on the grill. Served on a bed of orzo. Thoroughly enjoyed this summery, lean meal.