- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 12 hot Italian pork or turkey sausage links (4 ounces each)
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; if desired, add pepper sauce. Cover and process until blended.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into quarters. Place all vegetables in a large bowl; drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning once. Cool slightly. Reduce grill temperature to medium-low heat.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Toss with additional 1/4 cup sauce; keep warm.
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° for pork sausages (165° for turkey sausages), turning occasionally. Remove sausages from grill; toss with remaining sauce. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Sausages with Summer Vegetables
"Versatile dish that can help use up extra garden vegetables that ripen together. Using different types of sausages and substituting different vegetables as they ripen makes this a multi-season recipe. I liked the touch of sweetness the peach preserves added to the spiciness of the sausage."
"Awesome vegetables! Everyone wants more."