- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Huli Huli Chicken
"I use sweet baby Ray's BBQ sauce instead of ketchup to give it a more sweet and smokey flavor, but other than that I keep it the same. Always gets high praise from freinds and family at cookouts!"
"Delicious. Thanks for sharing a flavorful recipe. Enjoyed by all."
"I have made this several times and the only I did different was to add a little corn starch to the reserved sauce heating it to thicken it up and because I'm cooking for larger group of people I double the recipe. I have had equal success on the BBQ and the oven. The guys all crave this chicken!"
"I didn't use the broth plus I used chili sauce instead of soy sauce and it tasted great!"
"Excellent. This will become a new go to recipe!"
"Can't beat this recipe!!!!!!!"
"The grown ups loved the flavor of this marinade! I cubed the chicken and made kabobs. The kids complained A LOT with this one... yikes. It was good enough to make again for adults!!!!!"
"This recipe is outstanding!"