- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Huli Huli Chicken
"Can't beat this recipe!!!!!!!"
"The grown ups loved the flavor of this marinade! I cubed the chicken and made kabobs. The kids complained A LOT with this one... yikes. It was good enough to make again for adults!!!!!"
"This recipe is outstanding!"
"Wow!! Did my guests ever enjoy this tasty grilled chicken! It didn't take long to disappear and everyone wanted the recipe!"
"Used for bone-in breasts. Wonderful flavor penetrates the chicken!"
"This chicken has great flavor! It's the perfect summer recipe!"
"Made this recipe as-is and it was delicious!!! My chicken tasted better left over the next day too. I will be making this marinade again!"
"Excellent recipe. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. I did not have fresh ginger or garlic, but I have a Ginger Teriyaki seasoning. I used 2 teaspoons. It was delicious."
"Excellent BBQ recipe! This has become a family favorite."
"I used bone-in chicken thighs and less brown sugar than the recipe called for. Our family enjoyed it very much."