Grandma Pietz’s Cranberry Cake Pudding
For generations, our family has handed down this cake recipe starring cranberries. Simple and unusual, it remains a treasured family heirloom. —Lisa Potter, Camp Douglas, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes15 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. If desired, coarsely chop cranberries. Fold cranberries into batter.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, sugar and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Cook and stir until slightly thickened; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with 2 tablespoons sauce: 311 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.