Ginger Dog Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen (3-in. biscuits)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk water, molasses and oil until blended. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended; stir into flour mixture (dough will be stiff).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. squirrel-shaped or other cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. (Any leftover scraps of dough can also be baked to make free-form bite-size biscuits.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 dog biscuit: 109 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2018
I had to taste these, after all - it's made with ingredients suited for people. They aren't crunchy 'milk bone' type cookies. They're soft and dense and my dogs loved them. A sweet treat for a change. I usually make my dogs Cheddar Bacon Biscotti. This recipe is going in the recipe box. One more note.... they freeze well!
Feb 6, 2018