Ginger Dog Biscuits
Treat your or a friends dog to these holiday bones. These biscuits are soft and with a hint of spices.—Megan and Natalie Stanson, Frazeysburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen (3-in. biscuits)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk water, molasses and oil until blended. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended; stir into flour mixture (dough will be stiff).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. squirrel-shaped or other cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. (Any leftover scraps of dough can also be baked to make free-form bite-size biscuits.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 dog biscuit: 109 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Gingerbones for Dogs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.