- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 2-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1/4 cup oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan; saute until tender. Stir in the wine or broth, tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and reserved chicken; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti. Add the chicken mixture, cheese and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Chicken Spaghetti
"Made this tonight for the first time. I used a fresh tomato from my garden (seeded it, too) instead of sun dried. It was GREAT! Will make this one again for sure!Jan"
"Very,very good but a little dry so I added the whole can of chicken broth and it was wonderful. Judy"
"I made it Monday night! YUMMY!!! It's a MUST try! I'm on Weight Watchers so I was shocked to read the above post. Oh well, I'll just be extra good this week, it was worth it! :)"
"14 points for Weight Watchers-- bummer-- it sounds so good!"