Have a relaxing dinner with the simple, but hearty Southern fare. If you like a little spice in your food, definitely used the hot links. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 16 cups water
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 medium lemons, halved, optional
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or fully cooked hot links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into thirds
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Seafood cocktail sauce
- Melted butter
- Additional seafood seasoning
- In a stockpot, combine water, onion, seafood seasoning and, if desired, lemons; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add kielbasa and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain; transfer to a bowl. Serve with cocktail sauce, butter and additional seasoning.
Originally published as Frogmore Stew in Taste of Home Recipes Across America
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.