“I fix this simple recipe when I want to prepare something impressive for company,” notes Karin Christian of Plano, Texas. “It makes a low-calorie breakfast that feels indulgent.”
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces reduced-fat mixed berry yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 whole strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and whipped topping; set aside 4 teaspoons for topping. Spoon half of the remaining yogurt mixture into four parfait glasses; layer with half of the banana, sliced strawberries, pineapple and blueberries. Repeat layers.
- Top each parfait with reserved yogurt mixture and a whole strawberry. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Parfaits in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p13