Fresh Fruit With Vanilla Cream
For a simply pleasing dessert, nothing beats this tempting treat of fresh fruit topped with cream. Each bite is absolutely irresistible.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and/or peaches)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange or almond extract
- Place fruit in a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes. Using a whisk, mix the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add cream and extracts; stir until smooth. Pour over fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit with Vanilla Cream in Country Woman May/June 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.