Creamy Lime Pie with Fresh Berries
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies, sugar and flour; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, lime zest and lime juice until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir in cilantro. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until filling is firm, at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange berries over pie. In a microwave, warm preserves just until melted. Brush over berries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 441 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 27, 2020
So Good! Everyone loved it. I did only use half the cilantro. I was afraid it would be overpowering, but it paired really well with the rest of the ingredients. I only had blackberries, red raspberries and huckleberry preserves on hand for the topping. It's versatile and easy.
Jul 4, 2014
The perfect 4th of July dessert! My family and friends loved it. I omitted the cilantro to make it more kid-friendly. Great lime flavor.