Fresh Broccoli Salad with Cranberries
This hearty side makes a nice change-of-pace salad. It’s crunchy, creamy and simply delicious. You’d never guess it’s light! —Dana Herbert, Goshen, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, water chestnuts, cranberries and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Test Kitchen Tip: Got broccoli? If not, you should. The healthy green is an excellent source of vitamins A and C and a good source of calcium, riboflavin and iron, so eating it often definitely does a body good!