Elegant Fresh Berry Tart
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange zest and extracts; gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Press into a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, bring water, sugar, preserves and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and kiwi; toss with syrup to glaze. Arrange fruit as desired over filling. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 277 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2015
i must be doing something wrong. i follow the directions for the crust, but don't have enough dough to press up the sides. any advice? i think this will be a really good recipe once i can get the pretty crust.
Apr 1, 2015
I love this tart! I have made it several times using different fruits. Also I have substituted the cream cheese filling mix with sugar-free cream cheese cake pudding made with skim milk. It turns out equally good.