Easy Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Beat in pumpkin.
- Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 178 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2015
Very, very good. I cut the nutmeg to 1 tsp and added a slight amount of ginger. I also cut the sugar down to 2 cups and added chopped pecans. This bread is delicious. I will definitely make this again.
Nov 30, 2014
Use this all the time, the kids love it.
Feb 10, 2014
This is the BEST pumpkin bread I have ever made! Moist, sweet, yummy! I'm definitely going to make this many more times!
Feb 8, 2013
I've made this several times now and it's an awesome recipe. I used it through the holiday season for friends, family and church. Thanks for submitting this recipe :)
Oct 30, 2012
Easy to make and tastes yummy, but I would decrease the sugar content next time. The bread is a little too sweet for me, but I would definitely bake this again.