Easy Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Beat in pumpkin.
- Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 178 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 18, 2015
Very, very good. I cut the nutmeg to 1 tsp and added a slight amount of ginger. I also cut the sugar down to 2 cups and added chopped pecans. This bread is delicious. I will definitely make this again.
Nov 30, 2014
Use this all the time, the kids love it.
Feb 10, 2014
This is the BEST pumpkin bread I have ever made! Moist, sweet, yummy! I'm definitely going to make this many more times!
Feb 8, 2013
I've made this several times now and it's an awesome recipe. I used it through the holiday season for friends, family and church. Thanks for submitting this recipe :)
Oct 30, 2012
Easy to make and tastes yummy, but I would decrease the sugar content next time. The bread is a little too sweet for me, but I would definitely bake this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.