- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken. Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forEasy Pineapple Coconut Cake
"Super good cake! Keeping for future occasions!"
"Im gonna try to bake this one."
"I made this for a coworker's birthday last year and he requested it again this year. I have made it many time in between too. Everyone just loves this cake!!"
"I made this recipe for the adults at my daughter's Birthday party, and it was a hit. Have since made it again. It hits the spot on a hot day, nice and light."
"This is a very refreshing cake. Not too tropical, but nice hints with the coconut. Not extremely light, but pairs well with a lighter meal."
"I've made this cake several times. Excellent crowd pleaser, several compliments. Light, fluffy; a perfect ending to a meal."