- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Grilled Lemon Chicken
"Has anyone tried this with ckn thighs"
"I wasn't able to grill the chicken so I baked it in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes and it was delicious. I know it will taste better grilled."
"The lemon flavour was just too strong."
"This is a good, low calorie dish. The lemon is very flavorful. I used fresh herbs, which made it better-tasting to me!"
"Loved this! Best marinade for chicken yet."
"I've been making this for years..... one of our favorites!!!"
"This is a very light but tasty grilled chicken. We have a recipe for grilled shrimp scampi that we've been doing for years that is very similar in taste to this."