- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Melted butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do no knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cup half full. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 4 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush tops with melted butter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Batter Rolls
"I can't see how anyone would be disappointed with this recipe. Since I found it early last year, I've stuck with it as it's absolutely easy and the results are amazing. Am hoping to find a baked donut recipe."
"I wanted a yeast roll but I was short on time to make my regular recipe. These are really quick and turned out good. Not my as good as my go to recipe, but comes pretty close. Considering my prep/rise/bake time was cut in half, I was thrilled with the recipe. I would definitely make these again if I was short on time. I did not think they were salty or flat. Mine were fluffy and rose quite well. My husband who grew up on homemade bread every day really liked these rolls. I would not have a problem serving them to company."
"Was hopeing this was close to my mother's receipe but was disappointed ,they turned out to salty and flat. One my Mother had the batter was thin and rose all way up to edge of bowl. If anyone has the recipe I am looking for please e-mail me at [email protected]"
"Just found my go to roll recipe, for when I am short on time. Delish!"
"These were easy and wonderful!!"
"I love how easy and delicious these rolls turned out to be."
"these were awesome!!!"
"SO easy and delicious too!"