Easy Apple-Onion Pork Chops
Basic, everyday ingredients come together in Lisa Bleich’s recipe for easy weeknight pork chops. The cook from Flagstaff, Arizona combines apple juice and onions for a delicious main dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add pork chops Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter .
- Add onion and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in remaining salt and pepper and browning sauce if desired. Serve with pork chops.
Originally published as Autumn Apple Chops in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.