- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add the soup, milk, mustard and mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with hot cooked noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forDijon Mushroom Beef
"Pretty good. I would definitely make again, but I feel like it was lacking a little in the flavor department. Maybe just needs some additional seasonings."
"Turned out great! I was unsure what a dijon sauce would be like ~ but it was very tasty! My DH is a hunter so I did substitute venison chops for the beef and it turned out to be a clever disguise for the venison! :) I forgot to pick up the fresh mushrooms at the store so I skipped sauteing them w/ the onion and just sauteed the venison w/ the onion and added canned mushrooms later. Overall great! We ate it w/ steamed frozen asparagus. A winner!"
"I made this and left out the onions and it was excellent!"