Delicious Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes5 mini loaves (8 slices each)
- 5 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil and pumpkin; beat until smooth. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour batter into five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 150 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 7, 2017
This is the best pumpkin bread ever!!! Every time I serve it, everyone wants the recipe!
Dec 6, 2017
This moist and very delicious pumpkin bread will replace my current recipe. I did add a bit more cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Next time I will add chocolate chips and another time, with the butterscotch pudding. Just made it and one loaf already gone!
Nov 11, 2017
Have used this every fall for years now. Best quick bread I have ever had. Moist and flavorful. I make it as written except that I have used both instant and cook and serve with equal results. No difference. Outstanding recipe, thank you.
Oct 16, 2017
Only recipe I use for pumpkin bread. It is moist and very rich in flavor. Everyone loves this recipe in family
Oct 5, 2017
Didn't have five small pans so put it in regular loaf pans (2) and adjusted baking time. Served it at a neighborhood coffee brunch and everyone requested the recipe. Definitely a hit.
Sep 25, 2017
I have used a recipe very much like this one for years....I use applesauce instead of oil.....just as moist as original, and my family and customers like it just the same.....better for you....
Sep 18, 2017
My family loved this simple and delicious bread! It was so moist, smelled heavenly as it was baking, and lends itself to your own creativity. I made as the recipe stated, but read some others comments about adding chocolate chips and other things - anything you wanted would work well with this recipe. I had some leftover rum glaze from another recipe and put some of that on a few pieces and it was over-the-top good! Great recipe and one I will make often especially this Fall.
Sep 9, 2017
The pudding makes this so moist. It doesn't last long
Dec 1, 2016
for those of you wondering about the pudding, the ingredients state COOK AND SERVE PUDDING. :)
Nov 20, 2016
The family enjoys this pumpkin bread. Delicious. I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Part of the bottom sticks to the pan. I grease the pan entirely. Should I dust it with flour as well?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.