Carrots make a super side—big on flavor and a breeze to cook. Plus, I can actually get my husband to eat these fragrant, deeply spiced veggies. —Taylor Kiser, Brandon, Florida
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 4x1/2-inch sticks
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a dry small skillet, toast coriander and cumin seeds over medium heat 45-60 seconds or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Grind in a spice grinder, or with a mortar and pestle, until finely crushed.
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Add melted coconut oil, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed spices, and toss to coat. Divide carrots between two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly.
- Roast 35-40 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring and rotating pans halfway. Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cumin-Roasted Carrots in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016