- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- Combine 1 teaspoon cumin, oregano and garlic salt; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil both sides.
- Combine the picante sauce, water, bouillon and remaining cumin; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Cook and stir the sauce over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCumin Chicken
"Been making this recipe for the past 30 years, originally found in a pace picante sauce cookbook. Only difference I make is I usually double the sauce."
"I like the extra jazzy spice in this recipe, and it was easy to cut down to just two servings. I will make this again, and pass it along to the new bride in my family."
"I make this and black bean&rice and put it into a roll up fantstic its great. I also add extra selsa"
"Comment for Cumin chicken"
"Great recipe. Just love it."