- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1 medium cucumber (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, shrimp, mayonnaise, onion, mustard and dill. Spoon onto cucumber slices. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Reviews forCucumber Shrimp Appetizers
"The tiny shrimp had no taste of shrimp. One only tasted the pineapple. I had a guest and was very disappointed with the results."
"I loved the lower carb idea of using cucumber slices. I did think the pineapple was not something that we would like to pair shrimp with, and used fresh steamed shrimp that I just cut up. The rest was a good combo."
"I thought the canned shrimp less than tasty. However had two requests for the recipe and that got good reviews from others."
"Cool, light and refreshing. Loved it as is."
"Not a fan!"
"It was really tasty and refreshing. I used frozen salad shrimp which is much cheaper than canned shrimp and it worked just fine."
"If I made this again I would only use half of the amount of pineapple, we thought it was too sweet."
"I just found the cucumber shriimp appetizer. You mentioned draining the pineapple. How did you use the pineapple as I didn't see it in the recipe I have. Thanks"