VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Half-and-half cream or milk, optional
- Butter and/or honey
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with cream if desired. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or honey. Yield: 6 biscuits.
Originally published as Crusty Dinner Biscuits in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p10
Reviews forCrusty Dinner Biscuits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2013
"The perfect little biscuit. It will definitely be my go to biscuit recipe!"