- 1-1/3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- Dash salt
- 1 package (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the apples, walnuts, raisins, 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful of sugar mixture over each. Top each with 1/4 cup apple mixture. Bring up edges to enclose mixture; pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down in ungreased muffin cups. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. With a sharp knife, cut an “X” in the top of each.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrisscross Apple Crowns
"Very good recipe. I doubled the amount of filling and had 1/4 cup of mixture for each muffin. My family love it."
"Really attractive and easy to make. I added a little orange zest and can't wait to make for the next family get together."
"Everyone was so impressed with these treats and they were so easy to make!"
"These were super easy to make and delish! I am a disaster in the kitch and these still came out fabulous. Making them for my new office Xmas party. Wish me luck!"
"We love these and make them with homemade whole wheat biscuits. Other than that our family likes the amount of filling."
"So easy (true for once) and what a reward for such simplicity :)"
"My family and I love these!"
"Great Taste! Delicious, however, the recipe amounts made 5 "muffins" but absolutely delicious."
"Thanks to all that left comments. I was able to adjust the recipe so that it was just right. I baked 375 degrees for 25 minutes so that they were not doughy, increased the filling amount and used some brown sugar in place of the white sugar and they came out supreme. My husband took them to his coffee club in the morning and received excellent reviews. To everyone out there, please continue to comment and rate recipes as it helps everyone else along the way!!!"
"These are AMAZING!!!! I've made them several times now and they're always a huge hit! I did a step-by-step tutorial on my website:http://www.stacymakescents.com/?p=2794"