VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard or other spicy mustard
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, garlic and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; Stir in cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add crab. Cover and keep warm.
- Spread mustard on both sides of fillets. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Place on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top each fillet with four to five shrimp; serve over crab sauce. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Creole Flounder with Seafood Sauce in Country December/January 2003, p49
Reviews forCreole Flounder with Seafood Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2009
"This is absolutely awesome!!!"