Flounder with Shrimp Stuffing for 2
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add the broth, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce, dill, chives, salt and cayenne; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 9x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Aug 20, 2017
This was amazing!! I made it with tilapia instead of flounder and a can of baby shrimp rather than the pound of shrimp. I will definitely make this again!!
Jan 1, 2013
the best in the world
Sep 2, 2012
This is great.Very rich.Served it with salad and it toned down the richness. A keeper.
Oct 25, 2009
This has become one of our favorites, we substitue Walleye vs Flounder since we have an abundance of Walleye here in South Dakota.
Sep 13, 2009
It came out really good. But not my favorite dish yet.
Sep 13, 2009
first attempt. i switched it up a bit. My filets were a little small. So instead of stuffing I put the fish down first and topped it with the stuffing. Let's see how it comes out.