Creamy Polenta with Balsamic Glaze
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 1 cup cream, milk and salt. Bring to a low simmer. Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour polenta into a 3-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cook, covered, on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1/3 cup. Just before serving, stir cheese and the remaining cream and butter into polenta. To serve, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup polenta with 1 tablespoon glaze: 415 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 18, 2018
My family loved this alternative to mashed potatoes. We broiled some pork chops and added the delicious balsamic glaze on both meat and polenta and the "ummm's" and the "ooo's" around the table were delightful to hear! We'll be having more of this soon!