Polenta with Mushrooms and Spinach
As a vegetarian, I love coming up with new dishes that non-vegetarians will enjoy (and not miss the meat). This polenta with mushrooms and spinach recipe is so good, everyone always asks for the recipe. —Marcy Delpome, Stanhope, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (18 ounces) polenta, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Brush both sides of polenta slices with 1 tablespoon oil; place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir 12-14 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms start to brown. Add sherry; cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium-low heat until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange polenta on a platter; top with mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 3 tablespoons topping: 97 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 28, 2020
Hello, I recommend downloading over 172 eBooks with recipes from around the world. Over 100,000 recipes on over 20,000 pages. Visit now: SunsProfit.net and enjoy the best recipes from around the world. Best Regards