- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with curry powder; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Stir in tomato paste. Gradually stir in water; then cream.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Curry Shrimp
"Oh! I am SO happy I found this recipe. I had this delicious shrimp dish in Kauai, and I have been wanting to replicate it. This recipe was perfect! Instead of cream, I used whole milk and coconut milk. I also added some lime juice, Sriracha chili sauce, and sweet chili sauce. I served it over white/brown rice mix with a cabbage cole slaw and it was AMAZING!"
"I tried this recipe with rice,and i added garlic and fresh mushrooms to shrimps but honestly i was expecting it to be yummier!"
"My husband and I liked this recipe. I actually used already cooked shrimp but it turned out great. I would probably double the liquid part since we like sauce on our noodles and it didn't make enough for leftovers."